Here’s something I hear all the time from OpenStackers:
“I spent a lot of time bringing up OpenStack. Now everything is stable and we have this amazing self-service private cloud. But I can’t seem to convince the line of business guys that this is the right environment for their apps! They don’t have the same trust in it that I do.”
Variations of this sentiment are quite common too:
- How do I convince my application guys that we can run tier 1 apps in the OpenStack cloud?
- How do I ensure I have the same (if not better) app availability and monitoring capabilities that I had in my pre-OpenStack infrastructure?
Here’s a simple way to think about this - You’ve deployed this amazing infrastructure. Before it’s going to see widespread deployment, you’ll need to convince the application owners of three things:
- They can get real time monitoring capabilities for application performance and end-user experience tracking. This follows the “Trust but Verify” methodology.
- They can get enterprise-class load balancing (increase application availability), acceleration (increase application performance) and application security (SSL, IP to L7/URL based rules, DDoS detection and mitigation etc).
- They get an fully automated, self-service experience with resources that are dedicated to their own applications with no noisy-neighbor problems.
And THAT is exactly what Avi Networks Cloud Application Delivery Platform does!
Please attend Dr. Praveen Yalagandula’s Webinar tomorrow on “Multi-tenant, Elastic L4-L7 Network Services for Your OpenStack Private Cloud” on Tuesday 2/10 at 11am PST to learn more. You’ll love the demo!
If you can't make it, or you miss it, please do register and we’ll send you a link to the recording after the event.
All the very best with your OpenStack deployment and let us know if we can help!